Thursday, June 30, 2011

Breakfast Anyone?

Like any morning, I wake up like a bear coming out of hibernation. I am starving, and must.get.food.now! I would like to blame the fact I am nursing my 10 month old, but really, I just love food. I digress.

I decided I would be fancy and make myself a egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. I started toasting the english muffin and fried the egg. Inbetwen that, I balanced getting orange juice, yogurt and vitamins to Tall Boy, and tried to entertain the baby who likes to try to scale my legs like I am some sort of climbing apparatus. Meanwhile the dogs are tap dancing at my feet, hoping for something to fall onto the floor for them to eat, because you know, we never feed them. Apparently.

Keep in mind our kitchen isn't really that big to accommodate all that, so I am always shuffle-walking to minimize any crushing I may do to all the bodies that make it their job to be up my butt.

Finally my food is done cooking. I spread butter on the english muffins, place cheese on one half of it and flip the fried egg ontop of that. I start to turn and put the rest of the ingredients back in the fridge, when out of the corner of my eye I saw something black.

I sort of did a double take, like "Whuck? Something black? Eggs should not have anything black."

I look closer. Then I saw it. 4 little legs sticking out of the eggy goodness. Legs?? Now there DEFINITELY should not be any legs involved.

Yup. There was a tiny dead spider sticking out of the fried egg. My first thought was, "Are you kidding me?!"

Followed by the feelings of vomiting at any moment.

So I woke up thinking it was a good egg sandwich day, but really it was a cereal type morning.

The kicker is, where did sir Eggy Spider come from? Was he already in the pan and I just drowned him in egg? Or was he waiting on the ceiliing, readying himself to attack my face. Either way, he met his demise. And now I am a little scared to make breakfast in the morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment